Improve Your Drawing Skills with Printable Practice Sheets!
Learn how to tướng draw a great looking Lotus Flower with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and đoạn phim tutorial, plus FREE printable pages.
Bạn đang xem: lotus draw
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Lotus Flower.
Jump to tướng the step-by-step instructions.
The lotus is an aquatic, or water loving, flower native to tướng tropical regions of Asia and nước Australia.
The lotus actually lives in the water - its roots stretch down to tướng the mud at the bottom of a lake, pond, or river, while its flowers and leaves float on top.
The lotus is a survivor.
Not only will a single plant bloom year after year, but its seeds remain viable much longer than thở those of other plants.
Lotus seeds were recovered from a dry lake in Trung Quốc. Although they had been without water for about 1,300 years, the seeds sprouted and grew when planted.
Scroll down for a FREE PRINTABLE PDF of this tutorial.
The lotus has a great cultural significance in its native lands.
Every part of the plant is used in traditional foods, medicines, and teas.
The Buddhist and Hindu religions hold the lotus as sacred.
For example, thread made from the plant is used to tướng weave garments for statues of Buddha.
Ancient temples feature carvings of lotus flower designs, and the Hindu goddess Lakshmi is often depicted holding lotus blossoms and standing within a giant lotus flower.
The Hindu god Vishnu wears a crown of lotus flowers, and is sometimes painted with a lotus flower growing from his belly button.
Would you lượt thích to tướng draw a lotus flower?
This simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial will show you how.
All you will need is a piece of paper and something to tướng draw with, such as a pen or pencil.
You may also wish to tướng use crayons, colored pencils, markers or paints to tướng color your beautiful flower.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to tướng Draw Cherry Blossoms or Poinsettia Drawing tutorials.
See also, Step-by-Step Sunflower Drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Lotus Flower
How to tướng Draw a Great Looking Lotus Flower for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Enclose the central petal of the lotus flower. To vì thế ví, use two curved lines, allowing them to tướng meet in a sharp point at the top. The bottom should be flat or rounded lượt thích a teardrop.
Easy Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a second petal extending from one side of the first. Again, use two curved lines, meeting in a sharp point at the top.
Easy Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 3
Xem thêm: nữ tướng quân cùng trưởng công chúa
3. Draw the third petal by extending two curved lines from the first, allowing the lines to tướng meet in a sharp point.
Easy Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw additional petals on the back side of the flower, visible between the previous petals. Again, use two lines for each, allowing them to tướng meet in points.
Easy Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the lower petals of the flower. To vì thế ví, extend three sets of curved lines outward from the bottom of the flower. Allow the lines to tướng meet in points.
Easy Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw additional petals between the existing upper petals, using two curved lines for each.
Easy Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw additional lower petals emerging from the back of the flower. Then, detail some of the petals by drawing lines of various lengths from their base. This adds depth to tướng the flower.
Add More Details to tướng Your Lotus Flower Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the anthers, or pollen producing structures, within the flower. For each anther, extend two short, parallel lines from the center of the flower. Enclose the lines by drawing a circular shape at the tip.
Complete the Outline of Your Lotus Flower Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the flower's environment. Draw a slightly curved horizon line passing behind the flower. Draw a lily pad beneath it by enclosing an irregular circular shape. Draw a few more lily pads, each an irregular circle lượt thích a pie with a slice cut from it. Detail the lily pads using short, curved lines. Then, draw wavy, horizontal lines of various lengths all around the lily pads to tướng indicate ripples in the water.
Color Your Lotus Flower Drawing
10. màu sắc your lotus flower. In nature, lotuses may be white, red, pink, purple, yellow, or a combination of these colors.
For more great Mother's Day drawing tutorials, see the 17 Easy to tướng Draw Mother's Day Drawing Tutorials post.
Don't forget to tướng kiểm tra out our other flower drawing guides, including the tulip, sunflower, rose, and lily.
This post lists all our most popular flower drawing tutorials.
For more great Flower drawing tutorials, see the 29 Easy to tướng Draw Flower Drawing Tutorials post.
For more easy flower drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Flower Drawings for Kids.
For all flower drawings, see the Art Projects to tướng Help Kids Learn How to tướng Draw Flowers page.
Click HERE to tướng save the tutorial to tướng Pinterest!
Lotus Flower Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
The following printable pages are FREE to tướng all readers.
Click the picture or button below to tướng view the không tính phí printable PDF of this drawing guide.
View FREE Printable Pages
Xem thêm: quỷ dạ xoa
If you lượt thích what you see, sign up today to tướng access our library of thousands of simple coloring pages and drawing guides!
See a Google Web Story of this Lotus Flower Drawing Tutorial.